One thing Ethan and I were excited about doing together was REGISTERING!!!! It was fun for us to think past the wedding, and into our future together!!!!! Planning out what we wanted each room to look and feel like...I was surprised at how strongly Ethan felt about the decor of the house, but it was wonderful to have his opinion (because we all know I am terrible at making decisions!!) Me being the organizer and over analyzer I looked up MANY ideas for what a wedding registry should consist of and was able to get an idea of what all we should be looking for before we headed out. Ethan's philosophy was to go with the flow. Luckily we have figured out how to make our polar opposite personality traits work well together!! (for the most part anyways...) :)
We decided to make a whole day of it! (and it is a good thing we did!) We headed off to Wichita and spent over 5 or 6 hours in Target!!! I had NO idea it was going to take so long. Part of it was because we both have problems making decisions, and we both had different ideas along the way. But I also think that the process is time consuming anyways, and adding our factors into it wasn't much help!
While we were at Target, someone stopped and asked us where they might find the pet/animal section....I guess he thought we worked there? We do look pretty powerful with our scanning gun!!!
We felt like we got a lot accomplished and decided to head on over to Bed Bath and Beyond. We didn't spend as much time there because we were becoming very tired, and are stomachs were grumbling! We finished the evening by eating at Granite City and talking about our future together!!!
After a few days we went back over our lists and compared them to make sure we didn't have duplicates, and to see the things that we were missing and still needed to register for. After that we made another day trip and headed out to the same locations (plus another) and added on a little more to our lists.
Trying out pillows or tired?!?!
After another long day we are pretty much done (only a few more things to make sure we add to the list)!! It made me feel good to be able to get this done over the summer, and really be able to enjoy our time together planning our future!!! :)
xoxo,
shelbi.


No comments:
Post a Comment