Sunday, August 28, 2011

moving in.

Just a little FYI: I am going to be going back in time a few weeks with this post (and probably the next).... :)

As a lot of you know, I recently moved back to Manhattan and I am living in a house with 4 of my best friends! The weekend before we had to be back for sorority recruitment my family made the trip to help me move the last of my big items into the house!!!! I wanted to make sure I got this post in so everyone could see all of my projects in their new home! :) 

We got my hope chest into the living room to be used as our coffee table. The little tray on top is our little organizer to keep our magazines, the remote, and coasters all in one place!!


 and here is the rest of our wonderful living room!!!

I hung up those 5 picture frames on the wall by myself!! The roommates helped me a little with the correct placements, but I did all the grunt work!! I was pretty proud!!!! :)


This is the loveseat that my mom and I found at a garage sale for $25!!! 
Add a Target slip cover and it works perfectly in the room!

Next is my room!!!! :) 
My Dad working hard to get things on the wall...

...and Mom and Lindy just laying back and watching Dad and I do all the hard work!

The finished product:

 
 My dresser and my wonderful little "teacher bookshelf" holding my small collection of children's books!

my desk that I am so proud of!!!!! :)

The Kitchen!
Our table where we can eat as a little family :)


 We don't have much storage for all of our stuff, but we try and make it work for all five of us!

After we had things situated at the house we headed out to eat in Aggieville! We ate at a new burger place called The Cozy Inn! It was delicious!!! It is a tiny little place, with 6 bar stools and they serve you tiny little hamburgers with tiny little buns!! And to top it all off it is pretty cheap!!! :) The restaurant started out in Salina, and now has this new place in the little apple!




All in all I would say it was a great day!! 

I am now adjusting to living "on my own," and having an insanely busy Senior year!!!!! 

xoxo, 
Shelbi

1 comment:

  1. Tell the truth, you know I hung all that stuff up on the walls. Come on now ;-)

    ReplyDelete