A few weeks ago one of my best friends from high school tied the knot, grew up, and said goodbye. It was a bittersweet week. I was so excited to see her happy, and getting married...but I wasn't ready to say goodbye!
I have known Andrea since Middle School, and we became close friends in High School. She has met the man of her dreams, and is now living far away in a land with no service...which means limited communication. She won't be able to come visit very often, and I know this is part of growing up...but it is the part I just don't like! I know she will have a happy life, but I can't stand to think that her smiling face and huge hug won't be waiting for me when I go home to visit!
I had the privilege of being asked to be her "Personal Attendant" (along with another friend from high school, Alyssa) I always teased Andrea that really she was asking us to be her slave for the day!!! And in all honesty if I had to choose to be someones slave on their wedding day...it would be her!! :) My duties included everything from helping plan a shower for her to hold her dress while she went to the bathroom!!! :)
The food table!! Yum!!! :)
Bouquet made out of underwear!! Cute idea!! :)
Me, Cami (Andrea's Sister), and Andrea P.
Cami and the bride!!!
We played a game where Andrea was asked a series of questions, and if she didn't answer them the way her future husband did...she had to put on an article of clothing...this was the final product!!!! :)
All the girls...and the clothesline of gifts!!
The next day was the rehearsal.
Andrea and her dad!!
Andrea and Wes
:)
Me, Alyssa (the other personal attendant), and Andrea P. (a bridesmaid!)
Me and the Bride!!! :) I love you!!
High school friends!!! :)
All the Bridesmaids with the Bride!
The next day was the wedding, and in the early morning it rained, and rained, and rained. We were all a little nervous about the weather since the wedding was at Andrea's house, in the late morning, and outside. Fortunately, God worked His magic and had the sun shinning bright, and the day turned out to be warm and sunny!!!
The girls getting ready...
the beautiful bride...cowgirl boots and all!
the delicious cake!
The fabulous personal attendants!
waiting for the big moment!!! :)
HUSBAND AND WIFE!!!!
High School friends :)
Even though we have a long time, with all this wedding talk I can't help but have the caption to this picture be:
"My future husband and I!!!"
Hopefully this lengthy post makes up for my lack of posting recently!!!
This week has been long, but today is the beginning of my weekend!! (Gotta love no Friday classes!!!!!!) I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend...whenever yours might begin!!!
xoxo,
Shelbi










No comments:
Post a Comment