Thursday, June 16, 2011

sunrise and zipping.

Aloha!!  
Here is a little more about hawaii!!! (I feel like I could go on and on about it for days!) 
One morning we woke up at 2 a.m....yes, I said A.M.!! We drove to the top of Haleakala Mountain (elevation of 10,000), and we arrived in time to watch the sunrise! While it was freezing that early in the morning, and at that high of an elevation, at the same time it was INCREDIBLE! We were lucky enough to be able to see an amazing sunrise!!! Here are a few pictures from the morning, I only wish they could show how TRULY amazing it was to see it in person!


On our way back down the mountain after the sunrise, we went zip-lining!!!!! It was such a cool experience! Our guides for the morning were cracking jokes, and playing pranks the whole time, which made it even more memorable!!!

Lindy

 Dad...going the wrong way!!

 Mom

Lindy shaking the "Indiana Jones" bridge while Mom and Dad were trying to get across!!!


This is a video of me going on the last zip line of the day!!!! Crazy fast and scary!!!
(Sorry about the conversation in the background)

 

It was a fun day, full of experiences that I will never forget! To end the day we ate dinner by the beach and were able to finish off the day by watching the amazing sunset!!

God is good...

xoxo,
shelbi

2 comments:

  1. Zip lining looks awesome...so not something I would probably do though!! Ha, I'm lovin' these posts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pictures Shelby. Keep going on your post. Its fun to read.

    ReplyDelete