Wednesday, June 8, 2011

smoothies and weddings.

Well hello again blog friends!!!

It seems like forever since I have posted…sorry about the delay, but I have been on vacation with my family for the past 10 days!! (more to come on that soon…) I first wanted to post about a few things from before my trip.

number one.

Lindy, (my sister, the littlest of the Sasse bunch) has recently become the owner of a brand new blender!!! This is something she has been talking about for quite some time now…and her dreams have FINALLY come true. She bought a bright orange blender so she can have the joy of making smoothies whenever she (or anyone else) is in the mood! She came home with her pride and joy and made everyone strawberry and banana smoothies…they were delicious!! 






number two. 

I LOVE WEDDINGS!!! There is just this amazing feel that you get when attending a wedding, watching two people say they want to stand beside each other for the rest of their lives, no matter what life throws their way. It is such a happy day for the couple, and for those that are there to support them!! Recently I have had the privilege of attending two different weddings! One weekend I tagged along with Ethan to one of his friends weddings…sorry I don’t have picture of the bride and groom, but I thought Ethan and I looked pretty good, so I thought I would throw this picture in!




The other wedding I attended was for a family friend of mine! Lauren Lund (now Krehbiel!) I have known Lauren and her family since I can remember. We grew up going to the same church, Lauren was just a grade above me in school, eventually we became neighbors, her older sister used to babysit Lindy and I, and we are also members of the same sorority!! The list of connections goes on and on….back to the point: THE WEDDING!!! Everything was just perfect, the ceremony was beautiful and the reception was a blast! It was a fun evening filled with happiness and love for the newly weds!! Here are a few pictures from that night!! 

 Ethan and I before the wedding


 The head table at the reception!

 The back of Lauren's dress was so unique!!!


 Lindy, Kiley, Lauren and myself at the reception


and the cake!!! :) (which was delicious!)

Sorry my photography skills may not be the best to show how beautiful the evening really was, or to get the true feel of the wedding...I guess you will just have to trust me!!! :)

Next up on the list of things to blog about: HAWAII!!!! :) :) I am planning on doing a bunch of different posts about the whole vacation, so you will just have to wait patiently to hear about all the adventures and family fun!! :)

xoxo,
shelbi

2 comments:

  1. YAY! I was so excited to read a new post from you FINALLY!!!! Loved the pics, especially the one of the fruit you put in your smoothie :) Can't wait for Hawaii posts!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shelbi!!!! Loved the post. Especially the pictures at Lauren's wedding. I would love to have copies of some of those. Especially the one of the 4 of you and the one of the back of Lauren's dress (I really don't have any of those). If you could send those to me, that would be great. I can't wait to hear about Hawaii. I am sure you all had a BLAST!

    ReplyDelete