Sunday, May 15, 2011

the final weeks.


The end of my junior year of college was full of emotional highs and lows (as I continue with this blog, you will soon see how wide my range of emotions can truly be…but please don’t let that scare you away!)

The biggest emotional roller coaster was with Ethan (my boyfriend of 4+ years) and supporting him through the process of applying to Pharmacy School at KU. He started applying in November and the process continued all the way up until May. We had many highs and lows throughout the entire journey, with waiting, test scores, waiting, an interview, waiting, waiting, and did I mention waiting?? (I wasn’t very good at that part!) and FINALLY…our prayers were answered when he received an acceptance letter (that is very well deserved I might add) and will be beginning the next step in his life by moving to Lawrence in August and beginning his first year of Pharmacy School! I couldn’t be prouder!!

After receiving the phone call that he was accepted, my friends told me that it was a MUST to make a road trip to congratulate him! So, we hit the road to surprise him!!! While the trip did not last long (we left for Hutchinson at 7:30PM and headed back to Manhattan at 5:00AM the next morning!) it was totally worth it and is something that I will never forget!!!

 Ashley, me, and Regan

Ethan and I after I surprised him (tears in my eyes...of course!!) 

 Ethan and his acceptance letter!

As the end of the year started wrapping up, I was able to spend a lot of quality time with friends and make many memories… 

Whether it was staying up late to watch a movie,

walking to Aggieville for dinner,

trying to attack a killer bee that came into the house,

making fashion out of wrapping paper,

Or even simply staying up late and having those conversations with friends that are worth a little less sleep. We all treasured our time together, and as we said our goodbyes for the summer, we also said goodbye to the house we lived in for two amazing years. It was difficult to leave this home that brought us all so close together, but at the same time I can’t wait to see what the next year has in store for us!



I had a difficult finals week, but when I returned home I had a wonderful surprise waiting for me from Ethan! 

The week ended with another emotional high by celebrating Ethan's graduation from HCC!!!

And now summer begins!!! :)

xoxo,
shelbi

2 comments:

  1. YESSSSSS!! I can tell you already I am so excited that you gave in and decided to get a blog. Even if we are the only two people who read each other's blogs, it is so worth it to keep in touch and feel a part of each other's summers!! I loved the post, pictures and all, and can't wait for more to come! Happy first day of work tomorrow! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me too, me too, me too!! I have to have a way to stay in contact and updated on everyone's life!! It's bizarre that we were together and now we are 3 hours away! Can't wait to hear about the rest of your summer….and hang out when we decide to make the road trip to each others houses!

    ReplyDelete