Saturday, June 2, 2012

student teaching.

Wow!! It has been WAY too long since I have posted. I think the semester caught up with me, with student teaching and wedding planning I put blogging to the side. I wish I would have done a better job of sharing all of my student teaching experiences!! So since I can't review the whole semester I went through pictures today and decided I wanted to show everyone the projects the students worked on during the Plant Unit that I taught!!

The kids each got to create their own flower and label them! 

One day during the unit we read the story "Sunflower House" and created a graphic organizer with descriptive words. The kids loved this! 

We also grew grass!!!!

Each student also planted popcorn kernels. We planted them in a plastic baggie, watered them on the first day, and taped them onto the window. The first day we predicted what would happen to our kernels and each day after that we recorded our observations!

Most students predicted a popcorn flower, or popcorn plant! There were some pretty humorous predictions!
 
And here is what started to grow!!!! :) It was so fun to see the kids' reactions to how much their seeds were growing when they walked in each morning!!!

The kids loved the unit, and did an awesome job with all of our projects!! 

I also wanted to share a few of our funny moments with a few writing projects....

Got to love first grade :) 

The title of this story was "My Mom is Different." I had to have her de-code it for me, because I was hoping the last word wasn't what I was reading!! 

I had a wonderful semester in first grade!!! At the end of the year I made a pinterest project for my kids....


And another pinterest project for my teacher...I can't thank her enough for all of her support and guidance!! She has taught me so much this past semester!!!


 "What's next??" you ask. Well Ethan and I are getting married in exactly ONE WEEK!!!! We can't wait to start this new step in life!!! I can't believe how close the wedding is!!! Where has the time gone??

And after that?? We will be living in Lawrence, in a tiny apartment! (And I mean tiny!) 
When the school year starts I will be teaching first grade at Langston Hughes Elementary!!! I am so excited for this new adventure in life, and feel so lucky to have this opportunity! 

Stay tuned for pictures of our new apartment and updates from the wedding!!!!!

xoxo,
Shelbi (soon to be SPICER!)


 

 


1 comment:

  1. I love teaching about plants. We grow grass too but make dirt babies in pantyhose. The grass then becomes the hair and they are adorable! =)

    I am so glad you got a job in 1st...it is the best!

    I am happy to be your newest follower. If you get the chance, I would love for you to hop over and visit me. I have tons of *freebies* that might be able to help you out. =)


    Heather
    Heather's Heart

    ReplyDelete