Saturday, September 24, 2011

banana bread and egg mcmuffins.

Third times days a charm. This might be a record....third day in a row that I have posted!!! (please try not to get used to this, I have no promises of the streak continuing)

I have been wanting to post a few recipes that I have recently tried!!! 

First up...banana bread!

I made this banana bread for the guests that stayed at our house on Dad's weekend!

Banana Bread
3/4 cup sugar
1/2 cup oil
2 eggs
1 cup bananas (about 2 bananas)
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. baking soda
2 tsp. baking powder
1 3/4 cup flour
nuts (walnuts or pecans)

Beat oil, sugar, and eggs until frothy. Add bananas and mix well. Add dry ingredients. Bake 1 hour at 325 degrees.

I doubled the recipe and made two loafs so that we had plenty so share with our guests!! I made one with nuts and one without!! :) It was a great hit!!!
 
Next up....Egg McMuffins!!

I have made this a few times now...it is a great delicious breakfast. (and it is quick and easy!!)


Egg McMuffin
1 egg
1 slice of cheese
1 english muffin, toasted

First crack the egg in a round container (an old butter tub, or a coffee mug), and scramble it with a fork. Cover it with a wet paper towel and place it in the microwave for about 45 seconds. Place the cheese and egg in between the toasted english muffin. Eat and enjoy!

When I made this for Ethan we also added bacon to it, just another idea to mix it up!!

I hope you can enjoy these recipes for yourself!!! :) Let me know if you try either of them!!
xoxo,
Shelbi


No comments:

Post a Comment